Our thanks go to our wonderfully supportive landlord, Rupert Erskine, whose collection of antique horse and ox-carts you may see at the back of the property, next to the children’s playground. Rupert also created our traditional wood-fired oven, with the help of Lies and Hester from McGregor – masters of traditional bread baking.
Heartfelt thanks to those who have shared their considerable talents and time, to help us turn our dream into reality. And the most important thanks of all – to our regular clients who have returned time and time again. We love to see you, exchange news and ideas, and ultimately share some good times.
- Winner – Overberg District Municipality, Mayoral award for Human development- 2003.
- Finalist – Fedhasa, Imvelo awards for Responsible tourism (emerging)- 2003.
- Winner – Western Cape Tourism award as Emerging Tourism entrepreneur for- 2003.
- Winner – Soil awards 2008. For outstanding contribution towards tourism through creating capacity
- Our commitment to the local community is in the following outreach projects:
- Cape classic concert in March of each year – proceeds have gone to the Cooper Street after-school project and the Buffeltjies crèche. Plans are underway for a new crèche.
- Dance for All concert – Local concerts showcasing the talents of dancers from the townships around Cape Town, held each year during the April holidays.
- Swellendam Bursary Fund – Fund raising for study bursaries to assist under-privileged students from the Swellendam area to achieve their dreams and aspirations